Friday, June 1, 2012

Those sepia moments: Lights,Chimera,Action!






Scene I:age 6
            My Aunt's house.
             summer vacation.
             11:30 pm,everyone asleep.
Light: Night lamp.

  • I decide I'll have blonde hair when I grow up.      
  • I'm not going to tell Guddi about the golden ribbon I've hidden in backyard.
Scene 2:age 8
              My drawing.
Light:Green Lamp on the front porch of the house I have drawn.

 Haunted houses have green lamps-our latest invention in school! I add lightning in the dark blue sky. 

Scene 3:age 12
              our native place,midnight.
Light: Million stars in the cloudless sky.

           Sky is a curtain-jet black in colour.And the stars are holes-through which we get a glimpse of
           the heaven beyond.

Scene 4:age 16
              Diwali dawn.
Light: Orange kandil in the window.

           Everything divine is so serene...

Scene 5:age 22
              Mumbai-hanging gardens,7:30pm
Light: Thousand gems of the queen's necklace.

           This is the place... we'll be here one day.

Scene 6:age 24
              Local train window.
Light:Reflection of sun in otherwise dead salt water.
   
             This is how life is...wait for the sunny moments...   

Scene 7:age 25
              My room.
Light:that of my laptop in otherwise dark room
           & a glimpse of moon from branches outside the window.

I speak out of the deep of night
out of the deep of darkness
and out of the deep of night I speak. 
if you come to my house
friend,bring me a lamp
and a window I can look through
 at the crowd in the happy alley


No comments:

Post a Comment